Talk to a Counselor Today!

A NOCE counselor talking to two students, a woman and a man.

Schedule an appointment with a counselor today!

Need more information?


Call: 714.808.4682

Counseling and student support services can assist students with the following services:  

  • Define a course of study
  • Provide academic counseling and referrals
  • Assist with the transition to non-credit programs
  • Develop student educational plans
  • Assist with the transition to college

Why do I need to see a counselor?

Seeing an academic counselor is good for students. Counselors can help you create your educational plans. We recommend that NOCE students see a counselor a minimum of three times. 

  1. First visit, as a new student during your first term at NOCE. During your first visit, you will create a student educational program plan (SEPP), set a timeline, and have any questions answered about NOCE programs and services.
  2. Second, as a continuing student. During the half-way point of your program, you can review and revise your SEPP as needed. This is a good time to evaluate progress and program completion and discuss future educational goals. 
  3. Lastly, as a student nears completion of a program, you can meet with a counselor to complete an Application for Program Completion form (if required) and create a transition plan to college or career after completing your current program.

How do I make an appointment with a counselor?

Counseling appointments are currently being held remotely, by phone, or online through Zoom and/or other technologies such as Cranium Cafe. Call us to set up an appointment that meets your needs! 

To make an appointment with an NOCE counselor, please call 714.808.4682 or e-mail

Counseling Information

The North Orange Continuing Education Counseling and Student Services Department provide a variety of services: 

Education Planning: A Student Educational Program Plan (SEPP) provides you with a plan of classes needed to complete your program. You are encouraged to see a counselor for planning your courses when you first begin at NOCE. Throughout your program, counselors can assist you with tracking your academic progress toward program completion. 
Career Counseling: Counselors are available to help with career research, goal setting, and finding career or major options. 
College Information: Students who wish to apply to a community college or university can meet with an NOCE counselor. Your counselor will discuss your options. Once your noncredit courses and/or program is completed, your counselor will help prepare you for the transition. 
Adult College and Career Transition (ACCT): NOCE has several resources to support you in your career exploration or set up a plan to continue your education into college or university. If you have questions or need help with college and career transition, visit the Adult College and Career Transitions page.
Goal Setting: NOCE counselors can support you in completing your goals. Your goals may range from a diploma, certificate, employment, career development, learning English, or transferring to college or university. All counselors, faculty, and Counseling and Student Services department staff strive to help you set and complete your goals. 
Referral to Disability Support Services: If you have a verified disability that could impact your ability to make progress in a class, counselors may refer you to Disability Support Services (DSS). DSS provides students with accommodations and support to help reduce the impact of their disabilities at school, including notetaking, alternative media, sign language interpretation, additional time on tests, and more. If you feel DSS could help you in your studies at NOCE, please meet with a counselor to discuss this service and how it can help meet your needs. For more information, visit the Disability Support Services. 
Personal Counseling and Community Referrals: NOCE counselors are available to talk about basic personal issues affecting students’ educational progress. NOCE counseling is not the same as seeking personal counseling for mental or emotional health problems. However, referrals for these types of services can be provided to students.